2015 Photography Year Review
In 2015 my Studio reached two big photography goals both of which I set over 3 years ago. The first goal was to capture 40 weddings and we celebrated our 40th wedding in style with Ashley and Jared’s destination wedding in Cancun Mexico on December 30th. The second goal was to photograph 50 engagements and we actually captured 52 engagements.
Several things stand out to me in 2015:
- 7 times this year, we had back-to-back weddings scheduled. This means that we had weddings on two of the three weekend days. This does take extreme coordination between all of my team members and usually results in about 4 hours of sleep each night.
- One of our back to back weddings occurred on June 5 and June 6. The significance of these days was that our weddings on both days were at the same venue, namely Schuster Center in Dayton. Moreover, both couples had our Unboxed Photo Booth and a Slow Motion Video Booth setup.
- This year, half of our couples requested that we set up our Live Photo Booth during the reception.
- During the year, we were fortunate to be able to travel for our wedding couples to Lake Tahoe, California, and Reno, Nevada. Of course, the majority of our weddings this year took place in Cincinnati and Dayton.
- This year, the demand for our engagement coverage, especially our unique After Dark Engagement sessions, was so high that I had to photograph two engagements on a single day four times. Since our engagements take between 2-3 hours, doubling up on these sessions makes for a long but very fun day.
I can never thank adequately enough our couples and their families for the trust which they showed in our photography. I also have to thank my team of Angela, Lauren, Jill and Freddie for their tireless dedication and long days and nights so that our couples can have the best day of their lives.
Here is a pictorial of all of our amazing wedding and engagement couples.